Quorn Pieces Miso & Mushroom Pie
A creamy, cheesy mushroom pie, filled with lots of juicy Quorn Pieces. Lovingly made by our friends at MOB who think this is possibly the best vegetarian pie you will ever have! Soul hugging comfort food at its finest and a dish well worth the effort.
Recipe by MOB.
- Pie & Pastry Recipes
- Winter Comfort Food Recipes
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 600g Mushrooms
- Small handful of thyme
- Small handful of tarragon
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 300ml Hot water
- 100g Comté
- 3 Tbsp Crème Fraîche
- 1 Sheet of puff pastry
- 1 Egg
- Salt & pepper
- Finely chop the onions, garlic and slice up the mushrooms.
- Pick the leaves off the thyme and finely chop the tarragon.
- Sauté the onions in a pan with a glug of oil. Cook for 5 mins until softened, then add in the mushrooms with a big pinch of salt. Cook for 15 mins until the water has evaporated and the mushrooms start to crisp up.
- Add in the garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant. Next add the flour and mix well so that there are no large bits. Combine the miso paste with 300ml of hot water, whisk until it’s dissolved.
- Slowly pour the miso liquid into the mushrooms, mixing well in between so the flour doesn’t form lumps. Add in the frozen Quorn Pieces and bring to a bubble. Grate in the comté cheese and stir through the crème fraîche, thyme and tarragon. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into your pie dish and allow it to cool down for 20 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Cover the pie with the puff pastry, trim the edges and crimp them with your thumb and forefinger. Brush with egg yolk and pop into the oven for 30 mins until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Allow to cool for 30 mins, slice and serve.
Recipe by MOB.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.