Steak Strip Salad with Salsa Verde
Upgrade your salad with delicious and high protein Quorn Steak Strips. Served with fluffy pearl barley, stir fried veggies and a vibrant salsa Verde. Perfect for a healthy and satisfying lunch.
- Vegetarian Steak & Strips Recipes
- Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes Under 500 Calories
- High Fibre Recipes
- Salad Recipes
19 g fat
20 g fibre
- 300g Quorn Steak Strips
- 85g pearl barley, rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 50g watercress or rocket, roughly chopped
- For the salsa verde:
- 1 clove garlic
- 35g of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 20g fresh basil
- 15g fresh mint
- 2tsp baby capers
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the pearl barley and cook for 25 minutes. Once cooked, rinse in a sieve under cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large roasting tin, toss the peppers and onions in 1 tbsp olive oil and roast for around 20 minutes until golden.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over a medium heat. Add the Quorn Steak Strips and cook for around 6 minutes.
- To make the salsa verde, add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until a pesto-like consistency is formed. You can also hand chop or use pestle and mortar.
- To serve, on a large plate, lay out the salsa verde, reserving 1-2 tbsp, then layer the pearl barley, watercress, roasted peppers and onions and Steak Strips. Top with the remaining salsa verde and enjoy!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.