Quorn Friday Night Tikka Fakeaway
The mighty Tikka Masala is a Friday night institution. This super simple version uses a homemade tikka paste and chunky Quorn Pieces to create a rich and mildly spiced curry that will give the curry house a run for its money!
- Vegetarian and Vegan Curry Recipes
- Fakeaway Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Indian Food Recipes
A Little Effort
6.4 g fat
- 350g Quorn Pieces
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 400g large vine tomatoes, diced
- 250ml water
- 100g natural yoghurt
- Brown rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- For the tikka masala paste:
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- A splash of water
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat and sweat the onion for 10 minutes until starting to turn translucent.
- Meanwhile, make the tikka masala paste in a blender, by combining the garlic, red chillies, ginger, garam masala, paprika, tomato paste and enough water to loosen.
- Add the tikka masala paste to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes. Add in the Quorn Pieces and stir through, cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Add in the sliced red peppers, diced tomatoes, 250ml water, then cover and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, remove from the heat and stir through the yoghurt.
- Serve with brown rice and fresh coriander to garnish.
If making in advance, allow to cool and refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven at 200C / 180C fan for 15 minutes.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.