Quorn Southern Fried Bites with Red Pepper Relish
We know what you’re thinking, our Southern Fried Bites are already so delicious, how could we improve them?
Well, this red pepper relish provides a savoury sauce so good, you’ll wish you had more bites. Great for a snack while watching a film, or out on the table for a party buffet, this is a recipe you’ll be coming back to again and again.
- 300g (1 packet) Quorn Southern Fried Bites
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 tbsp (15ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp (10ml) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10ml) seeded mustard
- 2 tsp (10ml) tomato paste
- Cook the Southern Fried Bites according to the back of pack instructions.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan on a medium heat, cook onion and pepper for 5 minutes. Add sugar and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until beginning to caramelise.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice, mustard and tomato paste, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve relish hot or cold (store in the fridge after making for up to 3 days)
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Such a great mix of spices. Definitely will use this recipe again
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.