Biriyani with Quorn Pieces
This Quorn Biriyani includes succulent Quorn Pieces and with just 0.9g saturated fat, you won't need to feel guilty about seconds.
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Gluten Free Recipes
- Vegetarian and Vegan Curry Recipes
- Indian Food Recipes
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 3 tbsp of Tikka paste
- 250g basmati rice
- 200g frozen mixed vegetables (peas, sweetcorn, peppers etc.)
- 1 red onion finely diced
- A good handful of dried apricots, diced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 600ml boiling water plus 3 tbsp
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- Toasted flaked almonds to garnish
- Mix 2 tbsp of the tikka paste with 3 tbsp of water, coat the Quorn Pieces well and reserve.
- In a large microwavable bowl add the rice, frozen mixed vegetables, red onions, diced apricots, 1 tbsp of tikka paste and the crumbled stock cube. Pour over 600ml of boiling water and mix well, cover with cling film leaving a gap at the side to vent the steam, cook on high/full power for 6 minutes.
- Peel back film and stir in the Quorn Pieces and any remaining marinade. Recover and cook for 6 minutes. Leave this now for 5 minutes to allow the rice to absorb all the liquid, then fluff up with a fork and stir through 2 tbsp of the chopped coriander.
- Garnish with the remaining coriander and flaked almonds. Serve with Naan bread.
Please note: Cooking times are based on an 800W microwave.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Super easy. Cooked on the hob instead of microwaving. Pretty tasty. Next time I'll add more veg.
part boil rice before putting in microwave this meal was out standing
Lovely have made it regularly
brilliant Great meals love cook straight from the freezer
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.