Vegetarian Chow Mein With Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces
Chinese meat-free fakeaway dishes have never been easier to create! Our Vegetarian Chow Mein combines delicious flavours with Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces for a mouthwatering noodle dish. Quick and easy to make what's not to love?
- Asian Food Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Quick And Easy Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes
29 g fat
- 300g Quorn Pieces, defrosted if using frozen
- 180g dried egg chow noodles
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 large carrot, cut into long thin strips or grated
- 2 spring onions, cut into 2 inch/4cm pieces
- 200g beansprouts
- 1/2 bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce or Sriracha chilli sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- Prepare noodles according to pack instructions
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat, add garlic and stir fry for 10 seconds
- Add the Quorn Pieces and stir fry until the pieces start to caramelise - approximately 3 minute
- Add the cabbage and carrot and stir fry until the cabbage starts to wilt
- Mix in the noodles, spring onions, beansprouts and sauce and stir fry until the noodles are warmed through and the sauce evenly coats the noodles - about 1 minute. Do not overcook as the bean sprouts should still be quite crisp. Garnish withx coriander and toasted sesame seeds
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Very tasty recipe, I did reduce the amount of sriracha and added some grated ginger, was my first time trying Quorn pieces and will be making this again.
This is really tasty, quick and easy. even better, all the family like it even the meat-eaters!
Love this recipe, make it a couple of times a month
I made this for the family. It went down very well and even my fairly choosy daughter liked it. It's a great way to get some veg into little people without them really seeing it! I think next time I might make up a little more sauce for even more tastiness!
Really quick easy and tasty
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.