Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms With Quorn Mince
Trying to find an easy weeknight dinner or a dinner party hit? Look no further.
These earthy mushrooms stuffed with Quorn Vegetarian Mince and broccoli in a creamy, cheesy bechamel sauce are topped with a crunchy, nutty topping for a deliciously different midweek meal. These vegetarian stuffed peppers will be a mealtime staple.
Serve simply with a crisp green salad or why not pair it with our Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers as a mixed starter?
This recipe also works well with smaller mushrooms, served as canapes if you’re entertaining. Perfect for all occasions.
19.9 g fat
- 100g Quorn Mince
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 100g broccoli
- 140ml semi skimmed milk
- 10g unsalted butter
- 10g plain flour
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 10g fresh chives finely chopped
- 35g vegetarian parmesan cheese finely grated
- 20g panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 15g flaked almonds
- Preheat a fan oven to 180 degrees C.
- Heat a deep sided frying pan on a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Finely dice the onion and garlic and add to the warm pan cooking until softened.
- Add the Quorn Mince to the pan and fry until browned slightly.
- In the meantime, fill a pan with water and bring to the boil. Cut the broccoli into small florets, chopping the stem into small pieces then add to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Drain and put to one side.
- Once your Quorn Mince has browned add the butter to the pan, stir until melted, then add the plain flour.
- Stir everything together until the flour has absorbed into the butter then gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Add the Dijon mustard, half the chopped chives and half the parmesan and stir until combined.
- Add the drained broccoli to the pan and mix until the broccoli is coated in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking tray then fill each mushroom with the creamy Quorn mixture.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the remaining chives and parmesan then add the chilli flakes, flaked almonds and the zest of the lemon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the filled mushrooms then bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the mushrooms have softened and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Serve with a fresh green salad.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.