Asian Noodle Soup with Quorn Pieces
An Oriental garlic, ginger and chili-infused broth with Quorn Pieces, rice noodles and veggies. This dish is packed with flavour, and guaranteed to soon be a mid-week lunchtime staple!
- Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces
- Soup Recipes
- Vegetarian Japanese Recipes
A Little Effort
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- ½ (90g) onion, finely chopped
- ½ green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 2 star anise
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) miso paste
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) hoisin sauce
- 1.5L vegetable stock, warm
- 80g rice noodles
- 180g exotic mushrooms, chopped
- 2 (80g) baby pak choy, halved
- 40g edamame beans
- 25g bean sprouts
- 25g sugar snaps
- 25g spring onions, julienned
- 12g fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat; add the onions, chillies, garlic and ginger and sauté, 2 minutes. Stir in the star anise, miso paste, rice vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and vegetable stock. Simmer the broth for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked Quorn Pieces, rice noodles and cook, 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and pak choy and simmer, 1 minute. Stir in the edamame beans, bean sprouts, sugar snaps, spring onions and cilantro.
- Spoon the soup into serving bowls and scatter the mint leaves on top.
Not got any fine rice noodles in the kitchen? No problem! Dried or fresh egg noodles will work just as well - you could even swap them for dried wholemeal egg noodles to contribute towards your daily fibre intake! In the UK, we should be aiming for 30g of fibre per day.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review