Easy Curried Cauliflower Soup with Quorn Pieces
Try our easy Curried Cauliflower Soup recipe, made with Quorn Pieces which are high in protein and low in saturated fat. This is a great recipe to batch cook too - simply separate into portions and freeze for a quick and nutritious lunch or dinner.
12 g of fat
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1L vegetable stock
- 200g potatoes, diced
- 50ml double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Smoked paprika to garnish
- Pre-heat 1 tbsp oil and fry the Quorn pieces for a few minutes until beginning to colour, put to one side.
- In a deep pan, heat the oil and add the onion. Fry for 3 minutes, then add the garlic, spices and cauliflower florets, mixing well and ensuring the cauliflower is evenly coated.
- Fry for a further 3 minutes, then add the stock. Bring to the boil, before leaving to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend the soup using a hand blender until smooth.
- Return the soup to the heat and add the diced potatoes, allowing to simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- In the final 5 minutes, add the Quorn Pieces. Allow to cook through thoroughly, stir in the cream and coriander. Season to taste. Serve hot and garnish with the chopped coriander and a sprinkling of smoked paprika.
Did you know? Cauliflower counts towards one of our 5-A-DAY and is a great source of vitamin C.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Lovely soup , so creamy and delicious! It’s a healthy Swap for meaty meals everyday !
Its a stunning recipe! I loved it I am gonna cook it again.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review