Quorn Vegetarian Sausage Casserole With Beans
Try this healthier vegetarian sausage casserole recipe, made using Quorn vegetarian Sausages, chestnut mushrooms, pepper, beans and tomato passata. This vegetarian sausage casserole is the perfect dish for a healthy twist on a classic comfort food. Not to mention this veggie sausage casserole contains two of your five a day and is high in protein. What's not to love? Try out our Vegetarian Sausage Casserole today!
17 g of fat
- 1 pack of Quorn Sausages (if using frozen sausages defrost), browned in a little oil and cut into three on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, very finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 150g Chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 200g Mixed Frozen Pepper, slices
- 1½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 400g Passata with Onions and Garlic
- 150ml / ¼ pint vegetable stock (using 1 vegetable stock cube)
- 400g beans of your choice drained – butter beans, cannellini, black eye beans
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and fry over a medium/high heat for 4 minutes until soft
- Add the garlic, mushrooms and peppers and cook for a further 3 minutes. Stir in the paprika and cook for 1 minute
- Stir in the Passata and vegetable stock
- Stir in the beans and Quorn Sausage slices, simmer gently for 6 minutes. Season to taste and garnish with chopped parsley
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Proper nice mate!
Was way too watery using this recipe. Had to boil it off and it took far longer than implied. Didn't work at all.
Cooked the sauce for twice as long as mentioned to thicken the sauce as it was pretty runny but was very enjoyable! Even managed for it to be eaten by the kids
Lovely had this with some crusty bread.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review