Pearl Barley, Quorn Sausages & Winter Lentils
Quorn Vegetarian Sausages and lentils makes for a healthy and hearty warming winter meal. Simply simmer lentils with veggies and top with sliced Quorn sausages. Swap for our Brilliant Bangers to make vegan!
- Family Meal Recipes
- Meat Free Sausage Recipes
- Winter Comfort Food Recipes
- Recipes Under 500 Calories
14 g of fat
- 336g pack Quorn Vegetarian Sausages, defrosted
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 packs microwave mixed grains - For the lentils:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 150g dried green lentils
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp crushed chillies
- 1 vegetable stock pot, made up to 1.5 ltr
- 100g sliced curly kale
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large, lidded saucepan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and cook for 5 mins. Add the chopped garlic, celery, parsnips and carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 mins more.
- Stir in the lentils, tomato purée and chilli flakes, followed by the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer over a low heat for 25 mins until the lentils are soft. Stir in the kale and simmer for 5 mins more until the vegetables are all tender and the pot is thick and soupy. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large frying pan, slice the Quorn Sausages on an angle to make large coin-like shapes, fry on each side for 3-4 mins until browned.
- Prepare the mixed grains as per pack instructions.
- To serve, place a large spoon of the mixed grains in the base of a pasta bowl, then generously top with lentils and crispy sliced sausage. Sprinkle chopped parsley to finish.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Will definitely be making this again very tasty
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review