Pearl Barley, Quorn Sausages & Winter Lentils
Quorn Vegetarian Sausages and lentils makes for a healthy and hearty warming winter meal. Simply simmer lentils with veggies and top with sliced Quorn sausages. Swap for our Brilliant Bangers to make vegan!
14 g of fat
- 336g pack Quorn Vegetarian Sausages, defrosted
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 packs microwave mixed grains - For the lentils:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 150g dried green lentils
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp crushed chillies
- 1 vegetable stock pot, made up to 1.5 ltr
- 100g sliced curly kale
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large, lidded saucepan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and cook for 5 mins. Add the chopped garlic, celery, parsnips and carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 mins more.
- Stir in the lentils, tomato purée and chilli flakes, followed by the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer over a low heat for 25 mins until the lentils are soft. Stir in the kale and simmer for 5 mins more until the vegetables are all tender and the pot is thick and soupy. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large frying pan, slice the Quorn Sausages on an angle to make large coin-like shapes, fry on each side for 3-4 mins until browned.
- Prepare the mixed grains as per pack instructions.
- To serve, place a large spoon of the mixed grains in the base of a pasta bowl, then generously top with lentils and crispy sliced sausage. Sprinkle chopped parsley to finish.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review