Thai Green Curry Pot Pie with Quorn Vegan Pieces
Why settle for just one of the nation's favourite dishes? Try our creamy aromatic Thai green curry pot pie made with Quorn Vegan Pieces. The perfect comfort food for those who like a little heat and fully vegan too!
Recipe by 2007 MasterChef winner and guest judge Steven Wallis
- 160g Quorn Vegan Pieces
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 200g mixed vegetables (we used baby corn and green beans)
- 2-3 spring onions
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- Small bunch of coriander
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 roll of ready-made vegan puff pastry
- Black sesame seeds to decorate
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 7
- Heat coconut oil over a medium heat and fry shallots until just caramelised. Add the curry paste and cook out for a few minutes to release all of the flavours.
- Add a tablespoon of flour to the curry paste mixture and mix well before adding in the tin of coconut milk. Whisk or stir until the curry paste is well incorporated and you have a thick sauce.
- Add the Quorn Vegan Pieces, chopped vegetables, spring onions, fresh coriander and red chillies. Check and adjust seasoning to taste and evenly pour into two pot pie dishes of your choice.
- Cover with cut-to-size circles of ready-made puff pastry, and decorate with black sesame seeds. Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is puffed up and golden.
Recipe by 2007 Masterchef Winner and guest judge Steven Wallis
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review