Quorn Sausages & Lentil Salad
Try our delicious recipe for this sausage and lentil salad, using succulent Quorn Sausages. They're low in saturated fat, high in protein and a source of fibre. A healthy, hassle-free lunch made easy.
- 1 pack of Quorn Sausages (sub for Quorn Brilliant Bangers to make vegan)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 375ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 75g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan and cook Quorn Sausages for 5 minutes, until starting to brown and thaw.
- Remove from pan and slice each sausage diagonally into 5 pieces
- Sauté onion, garlic and celery in remaining oil for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced sausages, herbs, stock, mustard, sundried tomatoes and lentils.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Stir in cherry tomatoes and heat through. Season to taste and serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley
Did you know? This recipe also works well with green or red lentils. Lentils can count towards your 5-A-DAY but can only ever count as one 80g portion. This is because although they are a great source of fibre they don't contain as many vitamins and minerals as other veggies.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
I love this dish. It’s one of my favourites to cook and so tasty. :)
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review