Quorn Sausage Casserole
A delicious midweek feast that the whole family will enjoy. Simply simmer Quorn Sausages in a sharp shallots & apple sauce to unpack all the flavours from this easy sausage casserole recipe. Comfort food at its best.
A Little Effort
- 12 pack Quorn Sausages, Defrosted
- 20g butter
- 230g shallots, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp vegetarian Worcester sauce
- 150ml clear apple juice
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp chopped thyme and 1 sprig
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 sweet red apple, cored and sliced horizontally
- 8g sachet arrowroot mixed with 3 tbsp water
- Heat butter and fry shallots in a saucepan for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add tomato puree and Worcester sauce, followed by the sliced apples, stock, bay leaves and thyme, bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook Quorn Sausages for 8 minutes until golden, turning frequently.
- Add the apple juice into the saucepan and leave to simmer another 5 minutes, then add arrowroot mixture, season to taste and remove from heat, adding Quorn Sausages once cooked.
For even more indulgence, serve Quorn's sausage casserole with mashed potato and peas.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Delicious - will certainly have this again.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.