Quorn Sausage & Caramelised Onion Vegetarian Flatbread Pizza
Meet the ultimate veggie homemade pizza hack, with the topping trinity of sweet caramelised red onions, crispy fried Quorn Vegetarian Sausages and torn mozzarella. Our vegetarian flatbread will be your next family favourite and these Quorn Sausages and Caramelised Onion Flatbread Pizzas are a must try.
- 252g Quorn Sausages, approx. 6 (defrosted)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 Greek style flatbreads
- 250g tomato sauce
- 175g buffalo mozzarella
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 410g fresh rocket
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over a low heat and sweat the onion for 10 minutes. Once the onions have softened, add in the balsamic vinegar and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes over a low heat, until sticky and caramelised. Remove the onions from the pan and set aside.
- Slice the Quorn Sausages and fry in the same pan, over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, until golden with crispy edges.
- To assemble the flatbread pizzas: spoon tomato sauce over the base of each flatbread and top with the caramelised onions, crispy Quorn Sausage and torn mozzarella. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
- Allow the pizzas to cool a little before serving and enjoy, topped with fresh, peppery rocket.
Calculations based on average cost of ingredients purchased from Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Asda and Morrisons, correct as of 5th July 2022. Prices may vary.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.