Spaghetti & Quorn Vegetarian Swedish Style Balls
This is a delicious meat-free version of classic Italian meatballs - a vegetarian dinner the whole family will love. The tomato sauce is a great base recipe, so why not make a double batch and freeze half making this recipe even quicker next time! Want to spice it up? Add half a teaspoon of chilli flakes to give the sauce a fiery kick. Our tasty vegetarian Swedish Style Meatballs are the perfect addition to any meat-free spaghetti dish, they're super easy to cook with and packed full of flavour!
A Little Effort
- 300g Quorn Swedish Style Balls
- For the tomato sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 50ml red wine (optional)
- 75g tomato puree
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 300ml reduced salt vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- To serve
- 300g spaghetti
- Vegetarian parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
To make the sauce:
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and red wine, reduce for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, and vegetable stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 200°C /180°C(fan)/gas mark 6. Place the Quorn Swedish Style Balls onto a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
- To serve, cook the spaghetti as per pack instructions, drain and set to one side.
- Season the tomato sauce with salt and pepper, add the cooked Quorn Swedish Style Balls and toss to coat.
- Serve the spaghetti with a dollop of meatballs and tomato sauce. Garnish with vegetarian parmesan and fresh basil leaves.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Great recipe, full of flavour and simple to follow.
Easy to make and very tasty
Lovely recipe, tasted great. THANKS QUORN.
Great recipe - I added courgettes, celery and mushrooms for extra nutrition, thank you.
If you were to tell me that these where real chicken meatballs I would believe you! That's it
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review