Sesame Glazed Quorn Ball Vegetarian Skewers with Chilli Noodles
These Sesame Glazed Quorn Swedish Style Ball Vegetarian Skewers with Chilli Noodles are sweet, sticky, and under £1 per serving. Seasoned with grated ginger, garlic, teriyaki and honey, this meal is giving you all of the flavour, at a fraction of the price. These vegetarian skewers with delicious chilli noodles are the perfect mid-week meal to keep all your family fed and happy.
- Vegetarian Meatball Recipes
- Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
- Cheap Vegetarian Family Recipes
- Spicy Vegan & Vegetarian Recipes
- 1 300g pack Quorn Swedish Style Balls , defrosted
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled & grated
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- ½ tbsp honey
- 250g wholewheat noodles
- 1 tbsp gochujang paste
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 2 pak choi, quartered
- For the sesame sauce, combine 2 tbsp sesame oil, ginger, garlic, teriyaki sauce and honey in a frying pan over a low-medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Skewer the defrosted Quorn Swedish Style Balls and add to the sesame sauce for 10-15 minutes, turning the skewers half way through. Cook until they are golden brown and the sauce has thickened to a sticky glaze.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 6 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain the noodles, reserving about 100ml of the water. Stir through gochujang paste, the remaining sesame oil, sliced spring onion and sliced red chillies.
- Serve the sesame glazed Quorn Ball skewers on top of the spicy noodles. Garnish with more spring onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy with blanched carrot ribbons and sauteed pak choi on the side (optional).
OPTIONAL SERVING SUGGESTIONS
To make the blanched carrot ribbons:
- Fill a small saucepan with salted water and bring to the boil.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outer layer of carrot away and discard, then peel the carrot into ribbons.
- Fill a medium-sized bowl with cold water and set aside.
- Add the carrot ribbons to the boiling water and blanch for 2 minutes, until softened.
- Drain the carrot ribbons and refresh them in the bowl of cold water. This will instantly bring their temperature down and stop any further cooking.
- Serve alongside the sesame glazed Quorn Ball Skewers and chilli noodles.
To make the sauteed pak choi:
- Slice the pak choi into quarters and season with salt.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat until the butter has melted.
- Sautee the pak choi quarters for 2 minutes on each side, until golden and starting to char.
- Remove from the pan and drain on a piece of kitchen roll, then serve alongside the sesame glazed Quorn Ball Skewers and chilli noodles.
TIP: If you don’t have skewers to hand, simply cook the Quorn Swedish Style Balls as they are in the sauce.
Calculations based on average cost of ingredients purchased from Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Asda and Morrisons, correct as of 5th July 2022. Prices may vary.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
The quorn meat balls are the best part of the recipe. Well flavoured and delicious. However, I think the noodles could do with more flavour.
Tasty but beware that this recipe packs a spicy punch!!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.