Vegan Jalfrezi Curry
Reducing food waste has never been this delicious! Whatever vegetables you've got on hand will be transformed into a fantastic and flavourful dinner with Quorn Vegan Pieces and our vegan Jalfrezi recipe. Serve it with plenty of rice, and don't forget the yoghurt and chutney!
- 1 pack of Quorn Vegan Pieces
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 yellow pepper
- 175g cherry tomatoes
- 350g potatoes
- 125g baby spinach
- 6 finger green chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 10 dried curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 500g passata
- 200ml water
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp oil
- Once the potatoes have been chopped into small pieces (no bigger than 1cm thick), pop them into the frying or saute pan with one tablespoon of oil and cook for 5-6 mins. Then, put the curry leaves and mustard seeds into the pan for another couple of minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, onions and peppers to the frying pan and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. The onions and peppers should have a good bite to them and the potatoes should be cooked by this point. Set aside.
- In a separate large, heavy-bottomed saucepan (or wok), pour the remaining oil and then add the crushed garlic, cumin, garam masala, turmeric and fresh chillies. Sauté for 2 minutes over a medium heat.
- Pour in the water and passata, stir well, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add in the Quorn Vegan Pieces and then simmer for 8-10 minutes. The sauce will thicken and reduce down in this time, and the Quorn will heat through well. Stir through the spinach, it should wilt down in a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat, then spoon in the coconut yoghurt. Add in the stir fried potatoes, peppers, onions and cherry tomatoes from earlier. Serve with extra coconut yoghurt, naan, pilau rice and your favourite chutney.
This recipe was created by Vegan Punks.
Zero Waste Tip: save your potato peel to make delicious homemade potato skin crisps!