Quorn Vegan Pieces Szechuan Stir Fry
This delicious, quick and healthy spin on a classic Chinese dish is made using Quorn Vegan Pieces. Colourful, simple and can be on your plate in 20 minutes for a great nutritious lunch or light dinner.
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
- Vegan Recipes
- High Protein Vegetarian Recipes
11 g protein
- 280g Quorn Vegan Pieces, defrosted
- Ingredients for the Marinade:
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed chillies
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Chinese five- spice powder
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Ingredients for the Stir Fry:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 100g sugar snap peas, cut in half lengthways
- 100g baby corn, cut into quarters, lengthways
- 1 large carrot, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp corn flour, dissolved in cold water
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the defrosted Quorn Vegan Pieces. Mix well to ensure that all the vegan pieces are coated in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to develop
- Bring a pan of water to the boil then blanch the sugar snap peas and baby corn for 2-3 minutes. Drain well. To make the stir fry, preheat 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil in a wok or a large frying pan, add the Quorn Vegan Pieces and stir-fry over a moderate heat for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm. Preheat the remaining oil, add the onion and fry for 4-5 minutes until beginning to soften. Add the sugar snaps, baby corn and carrots and continue to stir-fry for another 5 minutes
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil then add the corn flour mixture and stir until the sauce thickens. Continue to cook for a minute then season and sprinkle the spring onions over
Enjoy with rice.
Did you know? As part of a healthy, balanced diet it is recommended that we try and 'eat the rainbow' - this means creating a plate full of colour whenever we can and this dish does just that! Sugar snap peas, baby corn and carrots all count towards your 5-A-DAY too!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
This is super quick and tasty. I kept mine really simple as I didn't have any vegetables to hand (sugar snap/corn/carrot) and used sweet soy sauce in stead of the Hoisin. I didn't marinade the quorn, but instead added chilli powder and the 5 spices a minute before the end of frying the quorn and setting it aside. The fresh chilli and garlic were fried with the onion. It was quick and lovely.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.