Vegan Quorn Vegetable Korma
This vibrant Vegan Quorn Korma is full of flavour! This dish is made with our Quorn Vegan Pieces and lots of nutritious veggies, perfect for when you need a quick and nutritious dinner.
A Little Effort
- 1 packet of Quorn Vegan Pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 courgette
- 1 carrot
- 2 cups green peas
- 1/2 small cauliflower (3-4 florets)
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 cloves
- 6 black pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup soaked cashews (soak in boiled water for at least 30 minutes)
- 1 green chilli
- 1 and 1/3 tsp salt or to taste
- chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp almond flakes
- Dice the onions and tomato. Crush the ginger and garlic. Sauté the onions, ginger and garlic in a bit of coconut oil until tender. Do not let onions go brown though! We need the korma sauce as yellow as possible.
- Add the tomato and a bit water. Add salt and powdered spices. Sauté 5-7 minutes until tomato melts. Add soaked cashews. Blend the sauce in a high speed jug blender (soup blender doesn’t handle cashews very well and we need them blended into rich creamy sauce consistency).
- Then add the rest of the spices: cardamom pods, coriander seeds, black pepper corns, coconut sugar, coconut milk and chopped green chilli.
- Cut the carrot in 1 cm slices and sweet potato in 8 equal-sized pieces. Add carrot and sweet potato to the sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add Quorn Vegan Pieces and a bit of water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and add it to the pot with a bit more water.
- Cut the courgette in 1 cm slices (do not peel) and add as well. Add the green peas. Simmer 10 more minutes, until all veggies are tender. Don’t stir too much or veggies will fall apart.
- Cashews and coconut milk should make your korma sauce thick and creamy.
- Serve with basmati rice and vegan naan bread. Garnish with almond flakes and chopped fresh coriander prior to serving.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Quite easy and yummy to make. Vegetarian family, however, we're trying to switch to veganism. This is a lovely meal for vegans, vegetarians, and anyone who wants to incorporate more veg into their diet.
Delicious Easy to make and very healthy
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review