- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g (10oz) Arborio risotto rice
- 125ml (4fl oz) white wine
- 570ml (1pints) hot vegetable stock
- 50g (3oz) vegetarian pesto
- 100g (2oz) vegetarian Parmesan cheese or an Italian hard cheese, grated (plus extra for garnish)
- 175g (6oz) frozen peas
- 225g (8oz) fresh young asparagus tips
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- 25g butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes until the onions have softened, adding the garlic after 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat the oil, add the wine and mix well. Add a ladleful of hot stock, and stir until this has been absorbed by the rice. Continue to add stock, ladleful by ladleful, stirring continuously, until it has all been used up and the rice is creamy, this will take between 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in another frying pan melt the butter and fry the Quorn pieces, peas and asparagus. Cook for 5 minutes until the pieces are golden. Add the Quorn pieces, peas and asparagus to the rice and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is cooked.
- Stir in the pesto and half of the grated vegetarian cheese.
- Serve immediately with some grated vegetarian Parmesan cheese and the remaining basil leaves. Serve with a crisp, fresh mixed salad.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Very tasty, a bit different from other risottos I have made previously. Pesto made very flavorsome!
Lovely risotto. One of our favourites. Make it regularly
It was noice.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review