Vegetarian Paella with Quorn Sausages
Our spanish Vegetarian Paella Recipe with Quorn Sausages is a low fat, meat free fiesta! Packed with Quorn Sausages and fresh vegetables great for a summer get together.
- 1 pack Quorn Sausages, defrosted if using frozen
- Low calorie oil spray
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 400g fresh tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 200g thin green beans
- 200g peas
- 250g long grain rice
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp saffron
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 700ml vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley To garnish - 1 lemon cut into wedges & olives
- Warm a pan and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Cut each sausage into bite-sized chunks and fry until golden 3-4 minutes, reserve.
- Fry the onions and garlic in low calorie oil spray, gently until soft and golden, add a little water if the onions start to stick to the pan. Add the peppers and fry for a further 4-5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, beans and peas and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the rice, paprika, saffron, turmeric, chilli, lemon zest and juice stir well.
- Stir in the stock and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir in the Quorn Sausage, continue simmering for a further 10 minutes or until the rice is tender adding more liquid if required.
- Season to taste, sprinkle over the parsley and serve with the lemon wedges and olives.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Great recipe with real paella flavour. Daughter and I loved it!
50 minutes for preparation and cooking is way out. It has taken me 1 hour 40 minutes to prepare and cook.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review