Easy Vegetarian Moussaka with Quorn Mince
A beloved Greek classic made veggie! With flavours that take you to the Mediterranean, this easy vegetarian moussaka recipe is not only delicious, it’s simple to prepare and can be on your plate in 75 minutes. Serve with a leafy green salad and enjoy!
A Little Effort
- 600g Quorn Meat Free Mince
- 2 aubergines
- Rapeseed oil for frying
- 4 potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp ajvar relish
- 125 g feta cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons wholemeal flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 400 ml milk
- Set the oven to 200 ° C.
- Boil the potatoes, then peel and cut into thick slices.
- Chop the onion and garlic and fry in oil.
- Add the Quorn Mince and fry until nicely coloured.
- Next, pour in the chopped tin of tomatoes and add the ajvar relish. Season with salt & pepper and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the aubergines into 1 cm thick slices and fry on a high heat in a dry pan until they get a little colour.
- Melt the butter for the white sauce in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and dilute with milk. Bring to the boil and stir until you have a smooth and fine sauce.
- Add a little oil to an ovenproof dish, then add the sliced potatoes and half of the aubergine slices so they cover the dish. Pour on the Quorn Mince sauce mix and top with the remaining aubergine. Finish with a layer of the white sauce.
- Finally, crumble over the feta cheese and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes – adding a layer of foil over the dish if it gets too much colour before cooked.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Tastes like heaven
Delicious. Added tomato puree, tarragon and served with a Greek salad.
Delicious, and huge portion!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.