Lucky Sour and Spicy Soup
Packed with classic Chinese spices and textures, Lucky Sour and Spicy Soup is the perfect Chinese New Year dish for those looking to create symbolic meals this Lunar year.
9 g of fat
- 300g Quorn Swedish Style Balls
- 800g vegetable stock
- 10 dried mushrooms, soaked and cut into thin strips
- 5g dried black fungus, soaked and cut into thin strips
- 50g bamboo shoots, cut into thin strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g tofu, cut into thin strips
- 20g corn starch, dissolved with 20g of water
- 20g soy sauce light
- 20g black vinegar
- 10g sesame oil
- 2g Szechuan peppercorn
- 1 bird's eye chili
- Spring onion, chopped
- Coriander, chopped
- In a pan, add a splash of oil and fry the Quorn Swedish Style Balls until golden brown. Taking about 3 minutes on each side.
- In a pot, add a little oil and fry the chili and peppercorn on a low heat for 1 minute, or until the peppercorn becomes aromatic.
- Pour stock into the pot and bring to the boil. Add in the rest of the ingredients, except the egg, and simmer.
- Once the stock is simmering, add in the egg and stir.
- Add in starch and thicken.
- In a serving bowl, add in the cooked Quorn Swedish Style Balls and pour in the soup.
- Garnish with spring onions and coriander.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.