Quorn Vegetarian Scotch Egg
If you love our picnic eggs, you definitely need to try this recipe. Made from our iconic Quorn Sausages and coated in golden breadcrumbs, this is a vegetarian scotch egg like no other. With a whole egg at the centre, it’s the perfect accompaniment to a breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner!
There’s never a bad time to tuck into this tasty snack. Delicious on the buffet table, as part of a grazing board, packed up for a picnic or lunchbox, trust us when we say you won't regret making this!
- 8 Quorn Sausages – defrosted if using frozen.
- 200g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 egg yolks, beaten for the sausage mix
- 4 eggs, lightly boiled
- 1 egg beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6
- Break up the Quorn Sausages and place them into a food processor with the egg yolk, blend until smooth. Add 100g of the breadcrumbs and continue to blend until all the crumbs are incorporated in to the mixture, refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Place 4 eggs into a small pan, add boiling water from the kettle, bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 4 ½ minutes. Cook for a minute longer for a firmer egg or if you would like to eat it cold. Remove from the heat and run under cold water until cool then gently peel off the shell
- Divide the sausage mixture into four equal amounts. Place a square of cling film on the work surface, flatten out sausage mix on top of the cling film into a circular shape, use a little flour if the mixture is too sticky. Place egg in middle of sausage and using the cling film fold around forming the sausage mixture around egg
- Now dip in to the beaten egg and coat in the remaining breadcrumbs. Bake on a non stick baking tray and bake for 20 minutes
Serve warm (or refrigerate for later) with a fresh watercress salad.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Quite fiddly, and time consuming BUT so worth it! Absolutely delicious!
A little time consuming but well worth the effort
Ok. This definitely wasn't an easy recipe! Peeling a soft boiled egg was always going to be tricky. Wrapping it in veggie sausage meat even more so (and you don't need as many breadcrumbs in the sausage mix as the recipe says)! But my god, it's delicious! After saying "never again", I am about to get more ingredients because my daughter and I absolutely monstered it.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.