Quorn, Pickled Ginger and Grapefruit Salad
A really beautiful, fresh salad. Sticky Quorn Roasted Sliced Fillets tossed up with fried green beans, pickled ginger, zingy grapefruit, and tonnes of herbs is perfect for lunch times and is a great meal prep meal for the week – simply dress just before serving each portion!
Recipe by MOB.
- 2 x 140g Quorn Roasted Sliced Fillets
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 200g Green beans
- 3 Shallots
- 50g Peanuts
- ½ Red cabbage
- 2 Grapefruits
- Bunch of mint
- 150g Beansprouts
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Tbsp pickled ginger
- 3 Red chillies
- 3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Lime
- Vegetable oil
- Toast the peanuts in a dry frying pan and then crush in a pestle and mortar.
- Cut the ends of the green beans and thinly slice your shallots.
- Pop the green beans into a frying pan with a glug of oil and a pinch of salt. Fry for 3-5 mins until they are crispy. Set aside and set to drain on a paper towel.
- Add the shallots to the same pan, with more oil if needed and fry for 10-15 mins until very crispy and golden. Set aside to drain on a paper towel.
- Finally, add the Quorn Roasted Sliced Fillets to the frying pan with 2 tbsp of soy sauce and 2 tbsp brown sugar. Cook for 5 mins until the pieces are coated and sticky.
- Thinly slice the cabbage, finely chop the mint and grate the carrots. Cut off the ends of the grapefruit and slice off their skin. Cut along the lines of each segment to release the flesh in slices. Reserve the central part.
- For the dressing, roughly chop the pickled ginger and finely chop the red chillies. Combine the ginger, chillies, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, sesame oil, the juice and zest of a lime, and 2 tbsp of ginger pickling liquid. Squeeze the central part of your grapefruits in too. Season with salt.
- Get all your ingredients into a bowl and pour in your dressing. Top with a handful of crushed peanuts. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by MOB.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.