Quorn Vegetarian Pieces in Sweet & Sour Stir Fry
Looking for vegetarian sweet-and-sour recipes with less saturated fat and fewer calories? Look no further. Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces Sweet and Sour stir fry recipes are the perfect taste of the Orient for those weeknight dinners. Our veggie stir fry is packed full of delicious flavours and is ready in just 15 minutes!
- Asian Food Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Quick And Easy Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes
10 g fat
- 350g Quorn Pieces
- 2 tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 400g stir fry mixed vegetables of your choice e.g. sliced yellow and red pepper, mange tout, baby corn, sliced courgettes, bamboo shoots etc.
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 6 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1tbsp clear honey
- 3 tsp cornflour mixed with a little water
- Marinate the Quorn Pieces with the orange juice, sherry, soy sauce, wine vinegar, and garlic, covered for 30 minutes. Remove Quorn pieces, reserving the marinade.
- Heat half of the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened, remove.
- Add the Quorn Pieces and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the onions
- Add the remaining oil and fry the mixed vegetables for 4 minutes or until tender, but still crunchy. Return the Quorn Pieces and onion to the wok.
- Mix the reserved marinade with the vegetable stock, honey and cornflour and stir into the vegetables. Cover the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes, season and serve your sweet & sour stir fry with noodles of your choice. Click on the following link and check out our 'How to' video
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Delicious, simple, healthy, and low-carb!
Best thing ever invented love them
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.