Quorn Swedish Style Balls Satay with Coconut Rice
The creamy peanut sauce on these Quorn Swedish Style Balls makes them completely irresistible to kids and adults alike, and gives a welcome south-east Asian slant to your midweek meals.
- 300g Quorn Swedish Style Balls
- 200g basmati rice
- 400 ml low-fat coconut milk, refrigerated
- 150g frozen peas
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted desiccated coconut or chopped peanuts and fresh coriander, to serve (optional)
- Rinse the rice under cold water then add to a medium saucepan. Remove the lid from the tin of coconut milk and carefully skim 80 ml of the cream from the top into a bowl (this will be easier to do if the milk has been chilled, but if you don’t have time then try to separate some of the coconut cream from the more watery liquid). Pour the remaining milk over the rice and, if necessary, add water, then cook according to pack instructions. Add the frozen peas for the final 4 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, tip the Quorn Swedish Style Balls into a medium frying pan with the olive oil over a medium heat and cook for 16 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce to the reserved coconut cream and mix to combine. Add to the meatballs and simmer for another 2 minutes, coating the meatballs in sauce. Add a splash of water for a looser sauce.
- Serve the Quorn Swedish Style Balls on top of the coconut rice, scattered with desiccated coconut or peanuts, and a sprinkling of coriander, if liked.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.