Quorn Swedish Style Balls with Lime & Garlic
Try this recipe for grilled Quorn Swedish Style Balls with Lime & Garlic in a zesty lime and roasted garlic sauce - perfect on the barbecue and ready in 30 minutes.
A Little Effort
42 g of fat
- 1 pack of Quorn Swedish Style Balls
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Roasted Garlic Alioli:
- 5 cloves of garlic, roasted until soft with a drizzle of olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 300ml extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- To make the basting sauce, whisk all of the ingredients together and heat until the sugar is dissolved. Cook on low for approximately 5 minutes until syrupy
- Coat the Quorn Swedish Style Balls in the basting sauce and cook on a baking tray for 15-18 minutes turning occasionally.
- To make the alioli, mash the garlic with the back of a fork to form a puree. Place in a bowl and whisk in the egg yolks and lime juice. Add the Cayenne pepper than gradually whisk in the oil, a little at a time, until all of the oil is incorporated and the mixture emulsifies. Add the zest and refrigerate until use (use within 24 hours)
Enjoy the Quorn balls on a bed of wild rocket with the lime and roasted garlic alioli.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.