Smoked Quorn Vegetarian Sausage and Beans
This Smoked Vegetarian Sausage and Beans recipe with a simple slaw uses the NINJA Woodfire for that authentic smoky flavour. Combine Quorn Vegetarian Sausages with jalapenos, beans and BBQ sauce before smoking for an intense hearty BBQ flavour. With so many veggie BBQ recipes to choose from, this is a must-have that you and your guests will love!
To serve, load your plate up with a fresh homemade slaw and dig in!
- Meat Free Sausage Recipes
- Summer Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes
- Meat Free Recipes
- Father's Day Recipes
2 g fat
IngredientsFor the sausages and beans:
- 6 Quorn Vegetarian Sausages, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 jalapenos (or 1 green bell pepper for less heat)
- 1.2kg canned beans of choice, drained and rinsed
- 180ml BBQ sauce
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 60ml apple cider vinegar
- 30ml dijon mustard
- 30ml molasses
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups grated carrot
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your NINJA Woodfire to 120°C using your Woodfire pellets such as Robust or All-Purpose Blend.
- Cook the Quorn Sausages on a hot plate over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned. Set aside and let them cool slightly before chopping into small pieces.
- Add a little oil to a 12-inch cast iron skillet, then sauté the onions and jalapenos for 3-5 minutes over medium-high heat. Stir regularly, allowing the onions to become slightly translucent while the vegetables soften.
- Add the canned beans to the skillet, followed by the chopped Quorn Sausages, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and molasses. Stir to combine.
- Smoke the beans uncovered for approximately 3 hours until the beans thicken.
- For the slaw, mix together the wet ingredients and chopped vegetables and refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.