Sweet and Sour Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Tempura Fillets with Cashew Rice
You have to try this recipe for Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Tempura Fillets served with a homemade sweet and sour sauce, nutty cashew rice and a sharp but spicy spring onion and pineapple salsa.
These delicious vegetarian chicken fillets in a light and crispy tempura batter are oh so divine, and make the perfect midweek dinner for two!
- Asian Food Recipes
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Dine for Two Recipes
- Quick And Easy Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes
- 2 Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Tempura Fillets
- For the sweet and sour sauce
- 100ml pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- 1 tbsp. reduced salt tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 50g pineapple, small dice
- For the cashew rice
- 100g basmati rice
- 50ml cashew milk
- 1 tbsp. cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp. raisins
- 1 tbsp. coriander, chopped
- For the spring onion pineapple salsa
- 75g pineapple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ mild red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. coriander, chopped
- ½ lime, juice only
- ½ tsp. coconut
- To serve
- Coriander leaves
- Lime wedges
For the sweet and sour sauce
- Pour 75ml of the pineapple juice into a small saucepan. Mix the remaining 25ml of pineapple juice with the cornflour. Add to the pan.
- Add the ketchup and vinegar. Bring to the boil and reduce for 2 minutes or until syrupy in consistency.
- Add the diced pineapple and stir to combine.
For the cashew rice
- Place the rice and cashew milk into a small saucepan. Add cold water to just cover the rice.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until cooked (stir occasionally to prevent the rice from catching the bottom of the pan).
- Remove from the heat and add the raisins and chopped coriander.
For the spring onion pineapple salsa
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and set to one side.
- Cook the Quorn Tempura Fillets as per pack instructions.
- Spoon the prepared cashew rice and spring onion pineapple salsa into bowls.
- Slice each Quorn Tempura Fillet and arrange in the bowls.
- Spoon over the warm sweet and sour sauce and garnish with coriander leaves and wedges of lime.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.