Quorn Vegan Pepperoni-style Pizzadilla
Try this pizza-inspired twist on the Mexican quesadilla for a tasty lunchbox treat. With yummy Quorn Vegan Pepperoni and gooey melted vegan cheese, the kids will hardly notice the vegetables in this lunchtime dish.
A Little Effort
- 100g Quorn Vegan Pepperoni Slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, thinly sliced and then slices cut in half
- 4 medium tortilla wraps
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp drained sweetcorn
- 70g grated vegan cheddar style cheese
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onions and pepper for 8-10 minutes, until soft. Remove the pan from the heat and tip the vegetables onto a plate.
- Carefully wipe any remaining oil from the frying pan. Spoon 1 tbsp of the tomato puree onto a tortilla wrap and top with half the Quorn Vegan Pepperoni Slices, half the softened vegetables, sweetcorn and vegan cheese, then top with a second tortilla (make sure to put the cheese around the outside edge of the tortilla so the top and bottom stick together when the cheese melts).
- Return the frying pan to the heat and carefully place the tortilla in. Fry until golden and lightly toasted (about 1 1/2 minutes) then very carefully turn the layered tortillas over, making sure the filling doesn’t fall out. Cook until the second side is golden and the vegan cheese is melted. Slide onto a board and repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Slice each pizzadilla into quarters then layer these up and pack for lunches.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.