Vegan Heart Pepperoni Pizza
Maybe you're cooking for your sweetheart or maybe you just want to show vegan pizza how much you love it! Try this vegan heart-shaped pizza with made with Quorn Vegan Pepperoni Slices, gooey vegan cheese and a homemade crust. Switch out the topping to suit your taste or use pre-made dough to whip up a quick vegan dish.
Recipe by Gnawgie
Serves 1 - 2
A Little Effort
- 8 Quorn Vegan Pepperoni Slices, cut into hearts
- 40g grated vegan cheese
- 1/2 cup arrabiata sauce
- Handful cherry tomatoes, sliced
- For the pizza dough:
- 160ml warm water (between 38-43°C)
- 1 heaped tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 220g all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- Whisk the warm water, yeast, and sugar together in a large bowl. Cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and flour. Gently mix until a dough is formed. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead with floured hands for 3-4 minutes, adding more flour if necessary.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with oil. Place the dough in the bowl, cover, and allow the dough to rise at room temperature for 60-90 minutes or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Meanwhile, shape your dough into a heart. Start with a ball and shape the pizza using a rolling pin, pulling, and pinching the shape until it resembles a heart.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, cherry tomatoes and vegan cheese. Bake for 5 minutes, remove from oven and add the vegan pepperoni hearts, return to oven and bake for a further 7-10 minutes until crispy.
- Top with fresh basil, chilli oil and enjoy!
Recipe by Gnawgie
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.