Vegetarian Stuffed Picnic Loaf
Celebrate the Great British Summertime in style with a vegetarian stuffed picnic loaf. Layer our vegan deli slices in a hollowed-out sourdough loaf with pesto, fresh salad and mozzarella. This delicious vegetarian stuffed loaf will have your guest reaching for more. The perfect sharer for your next meat-free picnic!
- Vegan And Vegetarian Bank Holiday Recipes
- Vegan and Vegetarian Picnic Food
- Vegan And Vegetarian Sandwich And Wrap Recipes
- Deli Food Recipes
A Little Effort
- 1 packet Quorn Vegan Chicken Free Slices
- 1 packet Quorn Vegan Smoky Ham Free Slices
- 1 medium whole sourdough loaf
- 4 tsp classic basil pesto
- 8 slices mature cheddar cheese
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Antipasti artichokes, drained and sliced
- Cut the top of the loaf off, and scoop most of the crumb out, to make a hollow. Keep the breadcrumbs and reuse for a different recipe.
- Spread the inside and the lid with the pesto, ensuring all inside edges are evenly coated.
- Layer 4-6 slices of the Quorn Vegan Chicken Free Slices ontop of the pesto. Top with 4 slices of cheese, followed by half of the red onion and sliced tomatoes sprinkled with some sea salt.
- Scatter some fresh basil leaves over the tomatoes, arrange the drained antipasti artichokes over the top, and then add 4-6 slices of the Quorn Vegan Smoky Ham Free Slices.
- Add the remaining cheese slices, red onion and sliced tomatoes, before adding 4-6 more slices more of the vegan chicken.
- Top the loaf with the bread lid, and then wrap tightly in cling-film and greaseproof paper, tying with string.
- Place some heavy weights on top of the sandwich and keep it in a cool place, for up to 12 hours or until you need to serve it.
- To serve, remove the weights and unwrap the sandwich, slice it to serve in wedges, or in thick slices.
Recipe by Lavender & Lovage
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.