Quick & Easy Chilli con Carne
Try our simple Chilli con Carne recipe with Quorn Mince - for a delicious dinner ready in just 15 minutes! Serve on a bed of rice for a tasty family meal and make sure to save any leftovers for a jacket potato topping the next day.
10 g of fat
15 g of fibre
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, very finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 2 tsp chilli puree
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 200ml vegetable stock (made with 1 stock cube)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, over a medium high heat cook the onion for 3 minutes. Add the garlic , chilli puree and smoked paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Add the kidney beans, tomato puree, vegetable stock and Quorn Mince, simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Season to taste and stir in the fresh coriander
Serve with Nachos over jacket potato or with rice.
Adding beans like kidney beans or black beans to Quorn Mince helps to bulk out dishes to make your ingredients go even further. You could also add some greens to this dish by stirring in a couple of handfuls of fresh or frozen spinach leaves!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Really easy to make and tasty too. My meat loving husband enjoyed it as well so must be good. Perfect with a jacket potato!
One of the best veggie chilli recipes I’ve made. Really flavoursome!
Add a teaspoon of cumin and cider vinegar. Exchange the veg stock for a tin of plum tomatoes. Stir in a dollop of natural yoghurt before serving. Amazeballs.
Buzzing little dish.
Nephew and his girlfriend thought it was a meat / chicken dish. Added some Mrs Balls chutney to it for extra flavouring.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review