Vegetarian Curry Hot Pot with Quorn Mince
Meal prep your lunch or dinner this week cooking an exotic Vegetarian Curry Hot Pot with Quorn Mince. Prepare 4 - 6 containers with wholegrain rice and a refreshing mint & cucumber salad in only 30 minutes.
10 g fat
24 g fibre
22.5 g protein
IngredientsFor the curry
- 200g Quorn Mince
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 400g chickpeas
- 400g adzuki beans
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of washed spinach
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Low cal cooking spray
- 150g wholegrain rice
- Fresh mint yoghurt
- Slice of lemon for each container
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- Splash olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 lime - squeezed
- Handful of mint leaves
For the curry
- Spray low cal butter cooking spray into a pan (alternatively heat oil or butter over medium-heat) & add 1 chopped onion.
- After 2 minutes, add 1 tbsp. of cumin, mustard powder, turmeric, garam masala and 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes and stir to release the aroma from the spices.
- Add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and a tin of chickpeas with their water.
- On the side, peel and chop 3 sweet potatoes into chunks.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with 1 cup of washed spinach.
- Mix and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add a cup of Quorn Mince and allow the pan to slowly simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are softened, add a tin of Adzuki beans (in their water) and another cup of washed spinach.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve with wholegrain rice, fresh mint yoghurt and slice a of lemon.
For the salad
- Cut 1 cucumber and half a red onion in thin slices and add them to a bowl.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt to the bowl.
- Squeeze half a lime and add in fresh mint leaves.
- Mix well together.
Did you know? Sweet potatoes are a great source of fibre and contain vitamins and minerals including vitamin C. In fact, 80g of sweet potato counts towards your 5-A-DAY (unlike normal potatoes!). How about keeping the skin on this time? Saves on the peeling and increases your fibre intake!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
delicious and really healthy!
I have been a vegetarian from birth. I chose to go vegan when I was a teenager. Using quorn in the lovely recipes that you have provided, it has changed the way I eat. It is so healthy and low in fat so it is a perfect protein source. Before quorn was available I used to eat veg and beans and pulses in recipes. The whole range of quorn products are delicious. Luckily new products are always being added to the range. My freezer is full of quorn, I could not manage without it. The sausages are devine and make a mean casserole too. Quorn is so versatile, I have even used the burgers sliced in fajitas. This collection of recipes is brilliant, thank you so much for sharing them. I am working my way through them all. Quorn is definitely my hero product.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.