Easy Quorn Mince Chilli with Spicy Wedges
This tasty Quorn Mince chilli with spicy jacket wedges is an easy to make midweek Mexican dish that the whole family will love! Made using simple, store cupboard ingredients it’s easy to double up the recipe to make extra for the freezer too!
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2tbsp smoked paprika
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 20g vegetable stock, made up with 300ml boiling water
- 25g tomato puree
- 1 tin of kidney beans, drained
- 1 handful of chopped fresh corriander
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Wash and dry the potatoes, but don't peel them. Cut the potatoes into wedges and place into a bowl with the oil and paprika and mix well. Tip the potatoes onto a baking tray.
- Transfer the potatoes to the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked all the way through.
- Meanwhile for the chilli heat the oil in a pan then add the onion and fry gently for 5 minutes until the onion is soft. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrot and green pepper and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes over a moderate heat then sprinkle over the chilli powder, ground cumin, ground coriander and Quorn mince and fry gently for 1 minute to cook out the spices.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and tomato puree, bring to the boil then cover the pan and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Finally add the kidney beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes until the beans have reached a core temperature.
- Season to taste and serve the wedges topped with chilli and a sprinkle of coriander.
Serve with a portion of tomato salsa and a spoonful of sour cream
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
So tasty. Would never think of putting a carrot in a chilli but it works really well.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review