Mini Waffle & Crunchy Nugget Sliders
Everyone needs some delicious comfort food sometimes. These vegan waffles, served with Quorn Vegan Nuggets are the perfect satisfying snack for the whole family, and make for a yummy after school treat! For the perfect vegan waffles, simply follow the recipe below.
A Little Effort
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g Quorn Vegan Nuggets
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, coconut sugar, ground flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together almond milk, coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla; stir into flour mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a waffle maker. Ladle 1/2 cup batter into the waffle maker to cover about two-thirds of the grid surface. Close lid and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until waffles are golden brown and crisp. Repeat with remaining batter.
Crunchy Nuggets & Syrup:
- Meanwhile, prepare Nuggets according to pack instructions.
- Quarter the waffles and divide amongst 4 plates.
- Top with Crunchy Vegan Nuggets and maple syrup, then add a waffle lid.
Alternatively, use store-bought vegan waffles for easy preparation.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review