Quorn Fillet Chinese Fried Rice
Chicken fried rice is a take-out classic and an easy weeknight meal!
This delicious meat-free recipe version is cooked in air fryer and uses Quorn Fillets for a great alternative to your weekend Chinese takeaway.
Quorn Fillets are seasoned with Chinese five spice and served with a super quick, veg packed fried rice. Serve on its own as a meal for two, or as a side as part of a Chinese sharing platter.
- Vegan and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes
- Chinese Food Recipes
- Quick And Easy Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
9.1 g fat
- 2 Quorn Fillets
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 250g wholegrain cooked basmati rice (I used Tilda cooked rice)
- 4 spring onions
- 100g tinned sweetcorn
- 1 small carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 red chilli
- Preheat your air fryer to 200 degrees C.
- Place the cooked rice in a bowl, separating the grains, then peel and finely chop the carrot and add to the bowl along with the drained sweetcorn. Finely slice the spring onions – reserving the green tops for garnish, and add to the bowl then grate in the peeled garlic and ginger.
- Add the sesame oil and soy sauce then give everything a good mix. If your air fryer has wire shelves, place the mixed rice in an oven proof dish and cook in the air fryer for 15 minutes, stirring every now and then until piping hot.
- Coat the Quorn Fillets in the Chinese five spice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste then add to the air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes until piping hot throughout.
- Finely chop the red chilli and mix with the reserved spring onions for garnish.
- Slice the Quorn fillets and serve on top of the air fried rice, sprinkled with the chopped chillies and spring onions. Serve with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce.
20 minutes cooking time may need to increase based on the size of your air fryer, so increase as needed.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.