Quorn Sausage Casserole with Beans
Try our healthier take on a sausage casserole made using Quorn Sausages, chestnut mushrooms, pepper, beans and tomato passata. Two of your five a day and high in protein!
11 g of fat
- 1 pack Quorn Sausages, cut into diagonal pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 100g sweetcorn
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 100ml apple juice
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 400g tin cannelloni beans or broad beans, drained
- 1 small bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Click on the following link and check out our How To Video
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and fry the Quorn Sausages for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool then slice diagonally into 5 pieces
- Fry the onions and garlic in the remaining oil until soft, then throw in the peppers and continue frying. A little water or extra stock will prevent sticking, if needed
- Stir in the sweetcorn, paprika and chilli powder and cook for a few more minutes before adding the sherry or apple juice
- Pour in the tomatoes, beans and stock and return the Quorn Sausages to the pan. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes before sprinkling with parsley Click on the following link and check out our
Did you know? This recipe includes frozen mixed peppers which contains the same (and in some cases, more!) nutrients than fresh? They're often more convenient too.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Not great, the smoked paprika is over-powering and too spicy with the chilli too. Recipe doesn't say what type of sausages to use - don't use Cumberland, they really don't go.
I have been making this for years, my family love it, I use normal paprika rather than smoked! It's delicious!
Very nice and healthy too!
I love this recipe. So tasty and healthy. Made it loads of times and everyone i have made it for has loved it too!
This is my family's favorite recipe from the quorn kitchen book 2010, we love it..
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review