Quorn Toad in the Hole with Root Vegetables
Perfect for the colder winter months, try this healthier Toad in the Hole with Root Vegetables, made with Quorn Sausages. Less than 350 calories per portion, low in saturated fat and high protein.
A Little Effort
13 g of fat
- 1 pack Quorn Sausages
- 300g of mixed root vegetables, peeled & diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 6 heaped tbsp of plain flour (150g)
- 3 large eggs
- 200mls skimmed milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 200C (400F/Gas Mark 6)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and par cook the root vegetables for 7 minutes, then drain & set aside
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oil in an oven proof dish and add the Quorn Sausages, red onion & root vegetables and roast for 5 minutes
- Place the flour into a mixing bowl, add the eggs and beat to a smooth paste, gently add the milk, baking powder and thyme (optional) and whisk into batter
- Pour the mixture over the part cooked sausages and vegetables and cook for a further 28 minutes.
- Serve with homemade onion gravy.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
6 heaped tbsp is more like 150g not 50g
Lovely veggie toad in the hole!
Best recipe for T in the H ever! I wasn’t convinced as the sausages were still frozen when I added the batter, and the batter was much thicker than the usual Yorkshire pudding consistency that I’ve used previously. However I had faith, it turned out REALLY well, and it’s now gone in the family recipe book!!! Lovely!
Hi! Great recipe but I think you need to update the calories now that you've updated the flour amount. MyFitnessPal is telling me this is 472 calories with the 150g flour :)
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review