Quorn 30 Minute Sausage Rolls
Helen Best-Shaw has been writing about affordable eats and occasional treats on her Fuss Free Flavours blog for over nine years. Here she shows us how to put a delicious twist on the classic sausage roll, this easy to make dish packs a delicious punch using Quorn Sausages, and crispy filo pastry.
A Little Effort
- 6 Quorn Sausages
- 2 salad onions - finely chopped
- 1 small dessert apple - cored & finely chopped
- 30g strong cheese - grated
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 6 dsp onion marmalade or chutney
- 30g butter - melted
- Break the Quorn sausages in half and peel off the outer casing. Put into a mixing bowl and break up using the back of a fork
- Add the salad onions, apple and cheese and season well with salt and pepper. Mix well
- Divide the mixture into 6 and use your hands to squish into 6 sausage shaped pieces, it will be very crumbly and will not want to stick together, but don't worry at this stage
- Unroll the filo pastry sheets with the short end nearest to you, and brush the top one lightly with butter
- Spread the onion marmalade across the middle at the bottom of the filo and place one of the pieces of sausage mix on it
- Fold the edges of the filo in, and roll up the mixture inside the pastry. Brush with a little more butter so it all sticks together
- Place the finished sausage roll on a baking tray
- Once all 6 are ready bake at 200C / fan 180C / Gas 6 for about 15 minutes until the pastry is golden and crispy
This recipe has been created by one of our Quornivores. Have a look at our blog where you will be able to meet our Quornivore chefs and be inspired to create delicious, healthy meals.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.