Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls
This vegetarian cabbage rolls recipe is a veggie take on the classic cabbage roll. Fry Quorn Vegetarian Mince with veggies and roll into giant Savoy cabbage leaves before simmering in a vegetable broth. This comforting recipe is the perfect winter warmer!
- 175g Quorn Vegetarian Mince
- 50g onion
- 4 big savoy cabbage leaves
- 70g savoy cabbage leaves cut into strips
- 50g carrots
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 slices of toasted bread
- 1 egg
- 100ml milk
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 1tsp cornflour
- 10g parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Blanch the Savoy cabbage leaves in salted boiling water until softened.
- Cut the carrots and onions into small cubes and chop the parsley.
- Cut the bread into cubes and heat the milk. Pour the hot milk over the bread cubes and leave to cool. Once cool, add the egg and mash with a potato masher until well combined.
- Fry the onion and strips of cabbage leaves in oil, add the carrots and fry for 2 minutes. Add the Quorn Mince and fry for another 3 minutes.
- When the bread-milk mixture cools down, salt & pepper, nutmeg, paprika, parsley and mix well. Combine with the Quorn Mince mix and combine.
- Spread the mixture on 4 cabbage leaves and wrap the leaves into parcels.
- Add the cabbage rolls to a hot pan and sauté briefly. Place the cabbage rolls in an oven proof dish with the broth and cook in the oven for 25 minutes at 180°C.
- Once cooked, remove the cabbage rolls and add the cornflour to the broth until thickened.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.