Fragrant Quorn Vegetarian Vermicelli Noodle Salad
A spicy and vibrant crispy vegetarian vermicelli noodle salad, with delicious Quorn Mince and tangy cucumber this tasty salad recipe is bursting with flavour. This vegetarian noodle dish is easy to make and super delicious, making it the perfect light summer treat!
Recipe by MOB.
A Little Effort
- 350g Quorn Mince
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 5 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- One Bunch Coriander
- 5 Spring Onions
- One Bunch Mint
- 3 Limes
- 3 Red Chillies
- 1 Lemongrass Stick
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Shallot
- 3 Tbsp Jasmine Rice
- 400g Vermicelli Noodles
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- Vegetable Oil
- Slice your cucumber and sprinkle on 1/2 tsp salt, set aside for 10 mins. Squeeze out the excess water and combine with the apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp brown sugar.
- Finely chop the coriander stems and spring onions, roughly chop the coriander and mint leaves.
- Cut off the skin of one of the limes and finely slice 1 red chilli.
- Blend lemongrass, 2 red chillis, garlic, shallots, 1 lime peel with a splash of water. Mix this with the Quorn Mince with your hands.
- Heat up a wok until smoking, add a large glug of oil and fry your mince for 3 - 5 mins, add in 1 tbsp brown sugar and set aside in a bowl.
- Wipe the wok dry and add in the Jasmine rice. Toast on a high heat until golden brown and toasted.
- Transfer to a mortar and pestle and grind until you form a fine crumb.
- Add 2 tbsp of toasted rice powder, half the coriander leaves and half the mint leaves to the Quorn Mince in the bowl and mix. Next combine the coriander stems, juice of the limes, 3 tsp brown sugar and 2 tbsp sriracha.
- Cook your vermicelli noodles according to the package instructions.
- Pile up the vermicelli in a bowl, top with the Quorn Mince, pickled cucumber, spring onions, coriander, mint, toasted rice powder and finally the dressing. Mix together and enjoy.
Recipe by MOB.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.