Quorn Pesto And Mozzarella Escalopes With Rosemary & Garlic Potatoes
Crunchy and oozing with melting mozzarella and a fragrant pesto, these Quorn Pesto and Mozzarella Escalopes are served with golden cubes of roasted rosemary and garlic potatoes and a warming puttanesca sauce. Finished with a fresh rocket, lemon and parmesan salad, this meal will add a little Italiano spark to your mid-week mealtimes.
A Little Effort
3.1 g fat
- 2 Quorn Pesto and Mozzarella Escalopes
- 3 white potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 30g rocket
- 15g vegetarian parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 20g black olives
- 15g capers
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 red chilli
- 20g fresh basil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees celsius fan.
- Cut the potatoes into 1cm cubes, then finely chop the rosemary sprigs and 4 garlic cloves.
- Put the potatoes on a flat baking tray then mix with the rosemary, garlic and 1 tsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste then place in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown
- Put the Quorn Pesto and Mozzarella Escalopes on a baking tray and cook according to the packet instructions.
For the Puttanesca sauce
- Finely chop the onion and remaining garlic cloves and put in a pan on a medium heat with 1 tsp olive oil, cooking until softened.
- Next, finely chop the chilli and slice the olives and add to the pan with the capers, tomato puree, dried oregano and sugar.
- Cook for a couple of minutes then add the tinned tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Then roughly chop the basil and add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the rocket salad
- Combine the rocket with the juice of half a lemon, cutting the other half into quarters and putting to one side. Shave the parmesan and add the shavings to the salad.
- Serve the Quorn Pesto and Mozzarella Escalopes with the golden roasted potatoes, puttanesca sauce and fresh rocket salad.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.