Quick & Easy One-Pot Fajita Pasta
Try this quick & easy One-Pot Fajita Pasta recipe, made with Quorn Pieces and 3 different coloured bell peppers. This colourful dish is perfect for a Mexican inspired dinner!
- Vegan And Vegetarian Mexican Recipes
- Pasta Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Family Meal Recipes
12 g fat
20 g protein
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 750ml hot vegetable stock
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g penne pasta
- Shredded cheese, to top
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the sliced peppers & cook for 2 minutes. Add the onion & garlic & cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the dried spices & cook for 2 minutes, then add the Quorn Pieces & a splash of water, if the spices are sticking. Stir regularly, ensure the pieces are coated in spices. Remove the mix & place in a bowl.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and a good pinch of salt to the pan, stir thoroughly to mix in any flavour in the pan left from the spices. Cook for 5 mins, then add the hot veg stock & pasta and cook for a further 12 minutes, stirring continuously. Check the pasta at the end and add a little more water if needed to finish the pasta.
- Add the pieces & veg mix into the pan & stir on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, season well.
- Serve up & top with shredded cheese, & hot sauce if you want add some heat!
Did you know? To increase your fibre intake, simply swap your plain white pasta for wholemeal pasta, or how about just switching out half? Fibre is important to include in our diet to keep our digestive system healthy.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
It was good up to when you add the milk and pasta, then it was weird. I'll just do up to that point next time and make the mix into normal fajitas with a bit of salsa and creme fraiche. The milk took about 30 to reduce down and then was a bit curdled with the oil and cheese. Not very nice.
Absolutely delicious! Had to add a little bit more of all the spice quantities but other than that it was great!
Great flavour! Next time I would just add almost double the pasta for a better Quorn to pasta ratio. I also substituted chilli powder for cayenne pepper and added mushrooms.
It was absolutely delicious. I added some more of the spices at the end. The only thing is that when I added the milk, some of the chicken pieces broke down because of the constant stirring. But other than that it was great!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.