Quorn Tomato and Mozzarella Escalopes with Italian Potatoes and a Tomato & Olive Salad
This dish is full of Italian inspired yumminess – crunchy, golden Quorn Tomato and Mozzarella Escalopes are served with roasted herby potatoes, a piquant Arrabiata sauce and a flavoursome salad with tomato and olive topped with aromatic basil.
This delicious meal for two can be on your plate in 35 minutes and will add a little taste of Italy to your mid-week mealtimes.
Simple and fresh never tasted so good!
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Italian Food Recipes
- Summer Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes
20.1 g fat
- 2 Quorn Tomato & Mozzarella Escalopes
- 350g baby potatoes (we used charlotte potatoes)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- A few fresh sage leaves to make ½ a teaspoon of chopped sage
- A few springs of fresh rosemary to make ½ a teaspoon of chopped rosemary (Alternatively use a tablespoon of dried mixed italian herbs)
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 25g black pitted olives
- 25g green pitted olives
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (fan).
- Cut the potatoes into 1 inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Remove the rosemary sprigs from the stalks and finely chop along with the sage leaves. Add to the potatoes along with the dried oregano and garlic granules. Add one tsp of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper and give everything a good mix until the potatoes are evenly coated in the herby mix. Place the potatoes on a baking tray and place in the oven for an initial 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes put your Quorn Escalopes on a tray, place in the oven and cook according to the on-pack instructions. Give the potatoes a stir halfway through cooking - they will need about 35 minutes to cook until golden.
- Whilst the potatoes and Escalopes are cooking, prepare your sauce by finely chopping the garlic and onion. Next place in a saucepan along with the olive oil. Cook on a medium heat with a sprinkle of salt until translucent and softened.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for a couple of minutes then add the tinned tomatoes, chilli flakes and dried oregano. Cook until reduced and thickened slightly, stirring every so often. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the salad, cut the olives and tomatoes in half and add to a bowl. Tear up the basil leaves and add to the bowl along with your balsamic vinegar and remaining 1 tsp of olive oil. Season to taste and give everything a good mix.
- Serve the salad with the roasted Italian potatoes, Arrabiata sauce and Quorn Tomato and Mozzarella Escalopes.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.