Broccoli Pesto Pasta with Quorn Tomato and Mozzarella Escalopes
This Italian inspired pasta recipe, makes the perfect accompaniment to our Quorn Tomato and Mozzarella Escalopes.
It’s a tasty, veggie packed take on the traditional pesto pasta, using broccoli and spinach whizzed up with fragrant basil, so it’s a great way to eat more greens.
Forget the midweek meal deal for two and rustle up this simple, delicious veggie pasta dish, topped with a mouth-watering vegetarian escalope. The best bit…it can be on your plate in 35 minutes for the ultimate weeknight dinner for two.
18.2 g fat
- 2 Quorn Tomato & Mozzarella Escalopes
- 100g baby spinach
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- 30g fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 10g Italian hard cheese (vegetarian)
- 10g pinenuts
- 1 lemon
- 150g penne pasta
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (fan) and cook the Quorn Tomato and Mozzarella Escalopes according to the on-pack instructions.
- Put the pine nuts in a dry frying pan and toast on a high heat for a couple of minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the stems of the broccoli into 1 inch pieces, reserving the tops for later.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and pop the broccoli stems in the boiling water. Cook for a couple of minutes until tender.
- When ready, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander. Next add the baby spinach to pan of boiling water for a few seconds until wilted, then remove and add to the colander. Rinse the veg with cold water to cool.
- Squeeze any excess water out of the spinach and place the spinach and broccoli stems into a food processor along with the peeled clove of garlic, Italian hard cheese, basil, half the pine nuts, zest of the lemon and juice of half a lemon. Whizz everything together until a pesto like paste is formed (you may need to add a splash of water to loosen). Season with salt and pepper to taste and put to one side.
- Meanwhile put your pasta in the same boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions. A minute or so before the pasta cooking time is up add the broccoli tops to the pasta pan and cook for a minute or two until tender, then drain the whole lot and place back in the pan. Stir through your pesto, remaining pine nuts and add dried chilli flakes if using.
- Serve the broccoli pesto pasta with the cooked Quorn Tomato and Mozzarella Escalopes and enjoy!
Try adding a dollop of mascarpone to the pesto for a hint of creaminess.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.