Quorn Gluten Free Lasagne
Our gluten free Quorn Lasagne recipe is the perfect GF veggie twist on an Italian classic. Completely meat free, this dish is sure to have everyone asking for a second portion (and there will be plenty for leftovers!). Made using Quorn Vegetarian Mince, a homemade cheese sauce, onions, mushrooms and gluten free pasta sheets, we know you will love it!
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g mushrooms, diced
- 400ml tomato pasata
- 1 tbsp gluten free vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 gluten free vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 50ml hot water
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp oregano
- Bunch fresh basil leaves, torn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 sheets gluten free lasagne, cooked in a large pan of hot water for 5 minutes
- Ingredients for the Cheese Sauce
- 25g butter
- 25g gluten free flour
- 300ml semi skimmed milk
- 100g mature cheddar
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and celery. Cook over a medium heat stirring frequently for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened. Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir fry for 2-3 minutes more
- Add the pasata, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, vegetable stock, tomato puree and herbs. Stir well. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked
- Stir in the Quorn Mince and continue to cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the basil and season to taste
- To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a heavy based pan over a medium heat. Stir in the flour and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Gradually add the milk a little at a time, stirring continuously until a smooth sauce is formed. Stir in two thirds of the grated Cheddar, Season with salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/350F/Gas Mark 6
- To assemble the lasagne, place 2 of the gluten free lasagne sheets in the bottom of an oven proof dish. Cover with a third of the Quorn Mince mix. Repeat with the remaining sheets and Quorn Mince mix, top with the cheese sauce and sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Really nice and relatively easy to make.
Really tasty and easy to make!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.