Quorn Middle Eastern Flatbread
This Turkish Quorn Flatbread is super easy to make and makes the perfect midweek summer meal! Fluffy homemade flatbreads are generously topped with Quorn Vegan Chicken Pieces tossed in Turkish Style spices.
Smother the flatbread in hummus, pickled red onions, tomatoes and a Vegan Honey & Lemon dressing before topping with your marinated Quorn Pieces and enjoy!
- 500g Quorn Vegan Chicken Pieces
- 4 tbsp Hummus
- Coriander, chopped
- Pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Black pepper
- For the Pickled Red Onion:
- 1 red onion
- 200g vinegar (white wine or red wine)
- 200g water
- 100g caster sugar
- For the Flatbread dough (1-part flour, 1-part coconut yoghurt & salt to taste):
- 100g flour
- 100g yoghurt
- 2g salt
- For the Vegan honey & lemon dressing:
- 10g agave syrup
- 1 lemon juice & zest
- 60g vegan mayonnaise
- Prepare the flatbread dough by combining the ingredients, then roll into two oval shapes. Cook each flatbread in a griddle pan over a high heat for 1 – ½ minutes per side.
- Make the pickled red onions by thinly slicing the red onion. In a pan, add the sugar, water and vinegar and bring to a boil until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over the onions and leave to cool.
- Make the Vegan honey & lemon dressing by combining all ingredients in a bowl.
- Make the Turkish Spice Mix by combining all ingredients in large bowl. Add the Quorn Vegan Chicken Pieces and coat in the spice mix.
- Pan fry the marinated Quorn Vegan Pieces over a medium heat until cooked, or air-fry at 180°C for 12 minutes.
- Next, top the flatbread with a thin layer of hummus and a layer of pickled red onion.
- Add the cooked Quorn Chicken Pieces and garnish with the pomegranate seeds, chopped coriander and a drizzle of honey & lemon dressing.
If you follow a vegetarian diet, a few simple swaps on the ingredients for this recipe will make a veggie alternative and our Quorn Vegetarian Pieces are perfect for this!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
OMG just amazing recipe and so easy and tasty will definitely have it again
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.